Stainless Steel Nameplate Material
When you work in industries like manufacturing, food service, or transportation, you have to meet safety regulations and provide information panels for machinery. Nameplates fulfill this purpose, but it’s important to choose a material that works best for the environment it has to exist within.
Stainless steel is an incredibly strong material that may be a great fit for your industry and application. Take a look at the advantages and printing methods for stainless steel to see if it’s the right metal for you.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Nameplates
Before choosing the metal for your nameplate order, you should consider the benefits of stainless steel, including:
- Durability: Stainless steel is impervious to corrosion because of its outer chromium layer. This layer and the overall composition make it able to withstand harsh weather, dents, scratches, chemicals, and physical pressure that might cause other metals to bend.
- Welding: When you’re attaching metal nameplates to your desired surface, you’ll find that welding to this material comes with no trouble. Stainless steel lends itself to welding more than other metals, so the attachment process is simple.
- Hygienic properties: Bacteria have a hard time adhering to the slick metal surface of stainless steel, so the material is easy to keep clean.
- Attractive appearance: With its stainless property, this metal has a nice sheen that rarely needs polishing, so it will always stand out and communicate its message.
- Long-term value: Though stainless steel’s initial costs aren’t as low as those of other metals, the material requires less maintenance and repair, giving it the best long-term value.
Industries That Use Stainless Steel Labels
Thanks to its versatility, stainless steel has a place in many industries. This strong metal works well in fields like:
- Food Service
Applications for stainless steel nameplates include designation plates, control panels, and military place cards. Any function that requires a strong material could benefit from the use of stainless steel.
Nameplate Creation Processes for Stainless Steel
American Nameplate offers a range of carving and printing methods to get your nameplate’s information across. Stainless steel works best with:
Engraving: Using a rotating cutting tool and a computer, our engraving system is highly efficient.
Screen printing: This process uses a stencil to print each design in ink, then seals it with a surface coat to make it last.
Etching: Using chemicals or acids to cut your nameplate design, this process can also be finished with an epoxy to protect the colors and emphasize the etching.
Embossing: This technique creates raised text by squeezing two cut pieces together. Since this process forgoes any use of ink, the design won’t fade with wear, and it can be painted over while still maintaining the message.
Buy Great Products From American Nameplate
For work in industries like manufacturing, aerospace, and energy, clearly defined information labels are crucial for safety and organization. At American Nameplate, we recognize this importance and strive to provide clear and long-lasting nameplates for a variety of purposes.
If you’re interested in our stainless steel products, request a free quote today. We’ll even hold onto your quoted price for 30 days so that you have time to make a decision about your purchase.