|Product or Material||Alloy||Thickness||Finish||Adhesives||Rounded Corners||Serial Numbering Height|
|ALUMINUM||1100, 3003, 5005, 5052||0.012 in., 0.016 in., 0.020 in., 0.025 in., 0.032 in., 0.040 in., 0.050 in., 0.063 in., 0.080 in., 0.090 in., 0.125 in.||Anodized (Clear & Colors), Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Matt Finish), Polished (Brite Polished Finish)||3M-467, 3M-468, 3M-583, 3M-9469, 3M-9471LE, 3M-9472LE, 3M-9473, 3M-Y966, Arlon/Viscor-1/16" Foam, Arlon/Viscor-1/32" Foam, Flexcon TT200, Flexcon TT400||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.375|
|BRASS||70/30 (260), 85/15 (230)||0.016 in., 0.020 in., 0.032 in., 0.040 in., 0.050 in., 0.063 in., 0.093 in., 0.125 in.||Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Light Grain Finish)||3M-467, 3M-468, 3M-583, 3M-9469, 3M-9471LE, 3M-9472LE, 3M-9473, 3M-Y966, Arlon/Viscor-1/16" Foam, Arlon/Viscor-1/32" Foam, Flexcon TT200, Flexcon TT400||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.376|
|BRONZE||90/10 (220)||0.045 in.||Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Light Grain Finish)||3M-467, 3M-468, 3M-583, 3M-9469, 3M-9471LE, 3M-9472LE, 3M-9473, 3M-Y966, Arlon/Viscor-1/16" Foam, Arlon/Viscor-1/32" Foam, Flexcon TT200, Flexcon TT400||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.377|
|CRS||DQ, Half Hard||0.020 in., 0.050 in., 0.075 in.||Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Light Grain Finish)||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.378|
|MONEL||400||0.020 in., 0.032 in., 0.063 in.||Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Light Grain Finish)||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.379|
|NICKEL SILVER||770||0.020 in., 0.032 in.||Brushed (Commercial Brushed Finish), Mill (Light Grain Finish)||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.380|
|STAINLESS STEEL||304, 316, 321, 410, 430||0.016 in., 0.018 in.|0.024 in., 0.030 in., 0.036 in., 0.048 in., 0.060 in., 0.075 in.||#4 (Commercial Brushed Finish), #8 (Brite Polished Finish), 2B (Matt Finish)||Optional||0.063, 0.093, 0.125, 0.186, 0.381|
Blank metal nameplates can be used on-site and on the go to display essential information such as equipment data, serviced dates, health and safety warnings, names and other crucial facts that need to be displayed. With a blank metal nameplate from American Nameplate, you will benefit from increased visibility and durability that you won’t find with most other materials.
At American Nameplate, we offer custom blank metal nameplates in a variety of metals, sizes, and shapes so you can find the perfect match for your specific needs.
Types of Metals We Use for Blank Nameplates
Each kind of metal offers unique benefits. Depending on your needs, there may be a specific material that would work best. At American Nameplate, we have numerous types of metals for your blank nameplates to choose from, including:
- Stainless steel: Provides exceptional resistance to temperature and corrosion, and is known for its stain-resistant and long-lasting properties. Ideal for harsh environments.
- Aluminum: Aluminum tags are highly impact-resistant, malleable, and lightweight with the ability to withstand high temperatures.
- Bronze: Very malleable, corrosion-resistant, and non-sparking, which is ideal for an environment where volatile materials are present.
- Brass: Brass plates are resistant to moisture, heat, and certain chemicals.
- Copper: Durable material with an aesthetically pleasing look.
Why Our Customers Choose Aluminum Material for Blank Nameplates
Blank metal nameplates, decals, labels, and tags are highly desired in the Anodized Aluminum material. These are perfect for engraving, laser marking, stamping, and other on-site markings.
- Anodized Aluminum tags are available in a variety of colors and are sealed with a durable anodic layer. This offers superior resilience to outdoor environments, extreme temperatures, chemicals/solvents, and rust.
- Cost-effective metal option compared to Stainless Steel
- Various thicknesses and finishes are available
- Capability of adding holes and or adhesive depending on the end-user.
Size and Shape Specifications
Shape, height, length, and thickness are all necessary specifications to consider for your nameplates. These attributes also factor into which type of metal will be best for your needs.
Our nameplate shapes include your standard rectangles and squares while more intricate shapes such as circles, ovals, and custom-shaped nameplates can be quoted using a special tool to blank out your desired parts. We can customize your blank metal nameplates to your desired height, length, and thickness specifications.
If you need a small, medium or large run of blank metal nameplates, we can quickly produce them based on the specifications you provide. If you’re not sure what specifications you need, our expert staff can offer suggestions and assist you in your selection.
Common Applications for Blank Metal Tags
Blank metal tags, decals, labels, and nameplates are highly versatile and used in a wide variety of industries. Some of the most popular applications include:
- Safety labels: Used for everything from fire exit signs and caution signs to floor labels, helping to protect operators, employees, and pedestrians.
- Equipment ID: Businesses that use heavy machinery rely on identification plates for safety information, specs and other crucial information about their equipment.
- Military: The military uses metal tags and labels for many different purposes, such as providing identification and critical data for safe working conditions around weapons. Aluminum and brass plates are the most popular with the military.
Request a Free Quote Today
At American Nameplate, we have been an industry leader in engraved, etched, screen-printed and blank metal nameplates since 1934. We can customize your blank nameplates using materials that are guaranteed to last. Our highly trained craftsmen create high-quality, reliable products in a wide range of specifications with a quick turnaround time. Plus, all of our nameplates, labels, and decals are RoHS and REACH-compliant.
Why Choose American Nameplate?
Whether you’re choosing between aluminum, stainless steel or brass nameplates, American Nameplate will customize your labels and tags for all small, medium and large runs. Our materials are guaranteed to perform and last, including our vinyls and adhesives. We also provide waterjet cutting.
Contact American Nameplate and allow us to be your metal nameplate supplier. Request a quote today and include an image of your desired design for a customized ID nameplate for your manufacturing needs.