Aluminum Nameplate Material
If you’re in an industry like manufacturing or energy, you may find yourself looking for metal nameplates to label equipment or other materials. Finding the right metal is just as important as the printed message. Aluminum nameplates are versatile and may be the right fit for your industry and plate application.
Benefits of Aluminum Nameplates
Aluminum offers a variety of benefits that you should consider before choosing your nameplate material. Its best qualities include its:
- Durability: This material forms a layer of aluminum oxide that prevents corrosion. As a result, it’s an excellent material for surviving bad weather conditions and harsh chemicals that could cause damage to other materials.
- Weight: This metal is incredibly lightweight compared to other nameplate metals. It can also be manufactured very thinly, making it ideal for wall-mounting.
- Color: Aluminum has anodizing and photo sealing capabilities for adding ink to your nameplate. Anodizing is a process that treats the outer layer of the metal. This outer layer absorbs color that won’t scratch or fade, while photo sealing presses and seals ink into the surface for scratch-resistant color.
- Cost: While aluminum is a pure metal, it has one of the lowest costs compared to the other pure metals we use for nameplates.
Industries That Use Aluminum Labels
We serve a wide variety of industries, and aluminum labels are popular among many of them. These nameplates are used in:
Aluminum nameplates are widely used in a range of applications. These labels can make safety plates for large machinery or identification plates to raise brand awareness. Industries can also use them for barcodes and ID numbers to make it easier to catalog and track equipment.
Processes for Aluminum
At American Nameplate, we offer a range of printing options. You can use aluminum for many of our printing types, including:
- Etched: This option uses chemical or acid etching to print a design.
- Engraved: Engraving involves a computerized cutting tool that we’ll use to print your design a small fraction into the surface of your plate.
- Screen printed: Ink is applied and epoxied to the surface of your nameplate, then sealed to protect the color and make it last.
- Embossed: This process uses pressure to raise the text on the plate, making it bold and easy to read.
- Photo seal: Unique to aluminum, this process prints ink onto the metal then chemically seals it, leaving it on an inner surface layer where it will not be scratched.
Contact American Nameplate for Your Label Needs
At American Nameplate, we will strive to give you the best quality metal labels for your applications. Whether you’re involved in an industry like aerospace, government, manufacturing, or something totally different, you’ll find that our nameplates are designed to last. We value our customers, which is why we’ll make sure our products meet your needs and get to you in two to three weeks after you place your order.
If you’re looking for aluminum nameplates for your industry, request a free quote today. We’ll hold the price from your quote for 30 days to give you time to decide on your purchase.